God provided a beautiful (albeit hot) day for the first ever CrossFun Games at Carroll Wellness Center in Hillsville, VA. Fifteen hardcore folks competed and 9 earned beautiful, handmade cross trophies by Rob Redus. Thank you to all the volunteers who worked so hard before, during, and after the event. Also, many thanks to everyone who made a donation of time, money, and prayers. Without you, this event would not have happened.
Will we do it again? Most likely, yes! We’ll change it up a bit, so keep your eyes and ears open for details of the 2017 CrossFun Games!
Easy Category (1 mile run)
- 1st Place – Olivia Barnes (9:08)
- 2nd Place – Michael Crotts (10:17)
- 3rd Place – Laurel Sutphin (10:56)
- 4th Place – Emily Mann (17:14)
- 5th Place – Jason and Jessica Mann (17:15)
- 6th Place – Eleanor Dick (17:58)
Moderate Category (1 mile run, 50 overhead press, 100 pushups, 150 squats, 1 mile run)
- 1st Place – Jennifer Powers (36:27)
- 2nd Place – Tamara Sutphin (39:53)
- 3rd Place – Brenda Harmon (41:11)
- 4th Place – Yancey Powers (42:33)
Challenging Category (1 mile run, 100 overhead press, 200 pushups, 300 squats, 1 mile run)
- 1st Place – Brian Brown (45:12)
- 2nd Place – Sean Slayton (48:58)
- 3rd Place – Danny Huff (49:26)
- 4th Place – Debby Quesenberry (52:30)
Thanks to Rachel Friend, my sweet sis, who took pictures. Here are SOME of the shots. More to come one day soon!